Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure / Tooling
SoftwareApply for this position
The Software Systems Engineering team is responsible for ensuring that all safety-critical software is functionally safe.
In this role, you will help establish infrastructure, design and develop software tools that will automate, track or audit processes and methods needed to build safety-critical software, that will revolutionize transportation in the 21st century. Borrowing principles from avionics, automotive, and other safety-critical industries, you will work with software engineers and systems engineers across the Zoox software org, ranging from state-of-the-art AI Perception, all the way to highly-critical RTOS and middleware components.
- Develop infrastructure and tools to support the Software Systems Engineering team to enable Software developers achieve and track system and functionally safety.
- Primarily develop in Python/C++ and also be responsible for setting up backend infrastructure (database, web servers, etc.) and will be interfacing with software developed in C++ and Python; and our Bazel build system.
- Be comfortable to whip up quick scripts to automate tasks, such as generating metrics, establishing traceability etc. when necessary.
- You will be developing and maintaining tools that support cross-functional teams in their efforts towards developing software that adheres to a High Assurance Process.
- Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment; solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience working on large code bases
- Strong proficiency in Python or C++
- Experience with Linux and systems programming
- Experience with database, front-end and back-end systems
- Experience with build systems, version control, and testing methodologies
- Robotics, Automotive or Aerospace software experience
- Familiarity with Deep Learning Infrastructure
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Familiarity with Systems Modelling Languages such as SysML or AADL
- Familiarity with Static Analysis Tools - such as Coverity
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.