Technical Program Manager
Program Management OfficeApply for this position
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox supports some of the company's most complex, cross-functional decisions and programs. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem solving, implementing improved operational measures and influencing and coaching tactics.
- Work with department managers to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional teams and finance to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget)
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Define and manage process and regular meetings
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are on-going within the engineering teams
- Track the completion of important items for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Experience with hardware and/or software development and manufacturing processes
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Ability to manage confidential information
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.