Foster City, CA • Full-time Technical Program Manager, Vehicle EE
Technical Program Manager, Vehicle EE
As Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will support multiple projects in the Vehicle Electrical Engineering team working with cross-functional teams across the company to meet vehicle and company program milestones. You will work with engineers and suppliers to define timelines for deliverables, identify and escalate awareness of risks to develop mitigation plans, support budget planning activities, and clearly communicate progress to vehicle development management and the executive team. The TPM amplifies the efficacy of the engineering team and works to improve and minimize processes to get work done.
- You will communicate challenges and identify program risks while proactively developing mitigation plans with engineering
- You will work with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to drive open questions or issues to closure
- You will interface with suppliers and contract manufacturers to align expectations in order to deliver on time
- You will develop schedules based on company milestones and ensure that projects remain on track
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, and present them to the executive team
- You will lead change management process coordination with all stakeholders
- You will prepare and track a department budget forecast and reconcile with expenses
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years of engineering experience, and 5+ years of program management
- Familiarity with electrical hardware product development and manufacturing processes, and demonstrated delivery of components with engineering design and development partners
- Proven track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. JIRA, Gantt charts, ERP, PLM)
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Automotive or aerospace experience
- Passion for electric, autonomous mobility
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.