Software Engineer - GPU Performance
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox is looking for a person to join our GPU performance analysis team to work on perception system profiling and optimization. You will work closely with research engineers on the perception team over the full development life cycle from algorithm design to model deployment on autonomous vehicles.
- Develop fast, reliable, and well-documented parallel code that implements state of the art perception algorithms.
- Research on methodologies for performance analysis on autonomous vehicles for the perception system and develop innovative technologies to reduce memory bandwidth and processing latency.
- Define systems architecture and interface for perception systems that focus on high performance and efficiency.
- Solid background in C++, compilers, and computing systems
- Basic understanding of machine learning/computer vision/prediction/3D perception algorithms
- Experience in parallel computing
- Knowledge of CUDA/OpenCL programming is a big plus
- Knowledge of real-time system programming is a plus. Hands-on experience with profiling tools (e.g., Nsight/nvprof/gprof/Vtune) is a plus
- Knowledge of deep learning inference engine (e.g., TensorRt/ONNX) is a plus. Knowledge of deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow/Pytorch) is a plus. Experience in performance analysis and optimization
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and reporting skills are highly desired.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.