People ExperienceApply for this position
The People Partner (HRBP) will act as a strategic partner to executive and director level business leaders by driving the development of a strategy that is aligned with attainment of the organizational goals and the people needs of our Software team. This is a hands-on role, responsible for the execution of the people and culture strategy, operational plans, and roadmap for the business unit working in partnership with key stakeholders (Executive Team, Talent, L&D, Legal, etc.). This role is also responsible for driving HR functional excellence and process improvement while playing an integral part in supporting the team and organization as we define and roll out our People Programs (employee development, performance management, manager training, diversity and inclusion, etc).
- Partner with and advise our most senior leaders on a people & culture strategy and decisions including team dynamics, workforce planning, organizational design, development, performance management, employee relations and compensation related matters
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop the Talent strategy and performance based culture in the client teams
- Lead change management initiatives for the Software team
- Manage and facilitate development and team building that support change and growth in teams
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to the leaders in the organization
- Assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Manage the strategy and programs that support employee engagement for your client groups driven by data from our employee engagement survey and pulse of the org
- Leverage insights and data to inform the talent strategy and roll-out of new programs
- Be the horizontal leader to help build appropriate connections across Zoox and enable collaboration
- Closely partner with other People team centers of excellence (Employee Relations, L&D, Recruiting, Compensation and Benefits) and other enabling functions at Zoox on talent matters
- 5+ years of experience in a People Partner/HRBP role in the tech industry supporting engineering and product organizations
- Demonstrated project and change management skills
- Experience operating in a high-growth, fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Experience working with and in support of a diverse workforce
- Experience scaling programs tailored for the various phases of a growing startup
- Experience using Workday
- Experience navigating complex compensation packages that include equity
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.