Technical Program Manager, Verification & Validation
Program Management OfficeApply for this position
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox supports some of the company's most complex, cross-functional decisions and programs. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand in hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem-solving, implementing improved operational measures, and influencing and coaching tactics.
The Verification & Validation Program Manager is a process-oriented leader that will help develop and roll out the general V&V framework to our multidisciplinary teams responsible for building, testing, and proving L3 and L5 driving platforms. This requires working closely with software and hardware engineers, TPMs, and other leads within the PMO to bring structure, traceability, and scalable processes into the way we verify and validate features and progress to achieve our company goals.
- Establish and roll out V&V initiatives across multiple verticals and teams, working with each team to build the tool and process
- Define KPIs and other methods to measure metrics that best translate progress toward goals
- Provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments. Lead execution of milestones and take it across the finish line with all stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate risks or blockers proactively to ensure that mitigating actions are ongoing within the engineering and testing teams
- Structure large test programs and campaigns, breaking them down into trackable and executable chunks with clear sets of verification objectives
- Collaborate with software developers to provide test feedback, findings, and burn-down issues.
- Provide effective prioritization and delegation to de-risk and enable tactical and strategic decision-making to accelerate toward goals
- Maintaining a strong technical understanding of our vehicle platforms and test operations
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management with a focus on V&V
- Experience with test platforms, simulation, autonomous vehicles, and V&V is highly desired
- Experience with developing and scaling mature test strategy, processes, plans, procedures, post-test analysis, reporting, and traceability for test campaigns
- Proven success in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Experience with automotive or aerospace processes preferred
- Proficient in tools or processes required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts, risk matrix, Smartsheet, JIRA, etc.)
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- MS degree in an engineering discipline
- 8+ years of experience in engineering or program management with a focus on V&V
- PMP or equivalent
- Standard product certification
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.