Benefits Program Manager
People ExperienceApply for this position
As a Zoox’s Benefits expert, the Program Manager will lead the design, execution, communication, and promotion of our health and welfare benefits programs. This includes supporting a diverse employee demographic straddling different life stages while collaborating with key partners and benefits consultants in executing the benefits roadmap and promoting employee understanding of our benefits offerings through education and internal communication. You will manage relationships with vendors, brokers, and carriers to ensure effective collaboration, support, and service. This role will need to balance priorities of employees, managers, senior leaders, and the company.
- Manage all health and welfare plans and vendors including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision plans
- Act as escalation for employee questions and issues pertaining to health and welfare programs
- Lead project timeline and milestones for new benefit implementations
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with our benefits administrators to maintain compliance with both federal and state regulations (ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA, CFRA, etc.)
- Partner with Sr. Benefits Manager to drive health and welfare plan renewals and leadership approvals
- Monitor and report on relevant metrics pertaining to health and welfare plans
- Facilitate employee communication and education sessions Partner with Payroll and HRIS to ensure operational excellence
- Collaborate with Wellbeing Program Manager in promoting benefit initiatives, ideating in innovative programs that anticipate employee needs, and optimizing the employee experience
- Design and ensure delivery of an optimal employee experience for Benefits related processes and events (e.g. Open enrollment, life events, onboarding etc.)
- Maintain awareness of market trends and assess current and future H&W programs and relationships to ensure they fit Zoox’s needs as the company scales.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 5 years of benefits experience Proficiency as a user with Workday HCM, experience with Benefits module preferred
- Experience managing projects end to end, including supporting full-cycle company-wide Open Enrollment
- Expert knowledge of group medical/dental plan policies and practices
- Expert understanding of US Federal and State regulations on group benefit programs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interpret benefits plan options and policy features to a broad audience with variable familiarity of Benefits
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.