Systems Integration Software Engineer
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As the Systems Integration Software Engineer, you will design, develop and implement electrical/software systems to support manufacturing processes, such as systems to perform bring up, validation, and testing of the vehicle during the manufacturing process, automation system to perform vehicle or component build tasks, software interfaces or programs to perform manufacturing status tracking and reporting, etc.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers and technicians with diverse backgrounds in areas such as automotive and robotics. Working at a startup gives you the opportunities to manifest your creativity and provide a high impact on the final product.
- Work with diagnostics engineers to develop and implement a manufacturing diagnostics system to perform the bring up and diagnostics for the entire electrical system and the firmware during the manufacturing process
- Work with process and manufacturing engineers to develop and implement software programs for automation systems and equipment that are used in the production
- Work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle level requirements and to translate them into scalable system-level software requirements to be implemented during the vehicle integration process
- Develop software for engineering tools to support activities like software flashing, diagnostic services, and engineering data exchange. This may include working collaboratively with vendors to formulate and build applications and tool customizations to optimize and automate the software updating process
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing supplier partners to manage vehicle bring-up and production tasks including troubleshooting of vehicle systems, troubleshooting of automation equipment, end-of-line testing, sensor calibration
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area such as Operations, Computer Science, Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with automotive controllers integration testing and/or process and equipment automation programming in a discrete manufacturing environment
- Strong software programming skills using high-level programming languages such as Python, Java, etc. and capable of programming complex database queries
- Excellent knowledge in SCADA systems with in-depth experience with the Inductive Automation Ignition software platform and strong programming skills using both Vision and Perspective modules
- Good knowledge of PLC and PLC programming
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, mechanical systems, sensors, and actuators as well as ECU communication
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
- Customer-focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Master's degree in Engineering
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing production environment
- Good knowledge in Vehicle Electrical Architecture - CAN/LIN/Ethernet
- Strong understanding of the electrical and software architecture of modern automotive vehicles
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.