Systems Software Quality Assurance Engineer
SoftwareApply for this position
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
As a systems software quality assurance engineer at Zoox, you will help accelerate our product development by helping our developers build the safest and most reliable autonomous driving software possible. As developers build new features, you will develop extensive test plans to ensure adequate coverage of complex distributed systems, implement and maintain automated test cases to assess the quality of the software and triage issues seen during testing. These efforts are critical to exposing unforeseen failure modes, implementation bugs, and other issues as a result of new feature development. You will participate regularly in-vehicle testing missions where you will see these new features behaving in the real world. Following these missions, you will help to triage and root cause issues seen during testing and will help to analyze test results to ensure existing functionality does not regress from release to release. Your ability to distill complex systems and root cause issues will be critical to producing a safe and stable vehicle platform.
- Design test plans for several systems and infrastructure that support the AI stack
- Implement, execute, and maintain both manual and automated tests
- Expand on the continuous integration effort, enabling more automated test coverage
- Perform root cause analysis for issues found, working with cross-functional teams to improve the overall quality and expand test coverage
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience as a Software QA Engineer or similar role
- Experience administering Linux or Unix based systems
- Experience testing systems software (virtualization, operating systems, filesystems, databases)
- Linux shell scripting experience
- Coding experience (Python or Java)
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Strong experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience testing distributed systems or virtualization products
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack)
- Experience testing applications written in C++
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.