Foster City, CA • Full-time Manager, Vehicle Engineering Design Tools & Processes
Manager, Vehicle Engineering Design Tools & Processes
This position is part of the Vehicle Development Program Management Organization, and will provide technical leadership and supervision of a team of specialists/engineers performing two primary functions:
1: Developing tools and processes for Vehicle Engineering Design (CAD and Product Lifecycle Management tools, Catia and 3D-Experience).
2: Planning and day-to-day management of Product Lifecycle Management activities for vehicle projects: BOM generation, release planning, and tracking.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to help define the enterprise tools and processes for a growing product development and production-focused OEM organization, and to develop the team to support future system and process expansion as Zoox moves into a volume production environment.
Vehicle Engineering Design Tools and Process Development Responsibilities
- Understand the current and future design and release needs of the teams designing vehicle hardware and create a corresponding roadmap for software tools and processes.
- Develop plans for scope, schedule, and resources for roadmap initiatives to manage end-to-end program execution.
- Coordinate software roadmap planning and execution in conjunction with key Zoox stakeholders, manage communication and alignment throughout the process.
- Define and maintain Part Numbering, Revisioning, and Naming policies
- Define and maintain CAD & Drawing Data Mgmt Repository and Methods
- Align Design and PLM Systems with cross-functional partners at Zoox to create a holistic system architecture, including integration with Production Engineering and Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Supplier Quality. Ultimately contributing to the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning system to support volume production.
Vehicle Engineering Product Lifecycle Management Responsibilities
- Define and maintain Product BoM Standards and Processes
- Define and maintain PLM Data Release Processes & Tools
- Define and maintain Change Request and Change Management processes
- Elicit and document functional requirements for PLM and Engineering centric tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to align BoM and PLM processes to support business needs
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in PLM/CAD tools in an automotive environment.
- 5+ years experience managing PLM/CAD tools
- 3+ years of experience with Catia / 3DX
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.