Employee Relations Specialist
People ExperienceApply for this position
As the Employee Relations Specialist, you will provide guidance and support employee relations concerns while supporting Zoox’s overall People & Culture strategy. You will support overall positive employee engagement. The right person understands the core values of our culture, has experience solving people and employment-related issues, and can pivot quickly. You should also be data driven and through a combination of intelligence, experience, and information be able to drive systemic improvements over time.
- Manage Reasonable Accommodation process, working with management, employees, and HR
- Conduct some ER Investigations
- Foster effective, collaborative relationships with HR teams and business leaders
- Assist in the implementation of employee relations policies and procedures
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the Company’s drug testing policy
- Help create trainings on compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Assist with documentation, including maintaining complete and accurate records
- Manage day-to-day requests for ER support from interdepartmental partners
Must Have Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in employee relations, employment law, compliance, or HR
- Heavy experience managing reasonable accommodation process
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote locations
Nice To Have Experience
- Masters Degree
- 5+ years experience in employee relations, investigations, employment law, and compliance
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws that govern employment policies and practices
- Leave of absence experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.