Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Maintenance Technician will be a part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and support the build of Zoox's vehicles.
- Support the creation and development of preventative maintenance procedures and standards under the supervision of the Equipment and Maintenance Manager
- Work with equipment vendors to perform major maintenance procedures.
- Perform or manage the maintenance on all vehicle assembly equipment
- Respond to downtime events, equipment alarms, and production-related support requests
- Perform root cause analysis on equipment and quality-related issues
- Build solutions to recurring or anticipated problems
- Order tools, spare parts, and supplies for maintenance of existing and future equipment
- Train production staff on equipment best practices
- Document equipment changes and modifications
- 2 or more years working with industrial automation, automotive shop equipment, automotive/aerospace assembly equipment, or equivalent
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge (12VDC to 480VAC)
- Basic knowledge of robotics, PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, vehicle lifts, and DC tooling
- Good computer skills, with willingness to learn 3D modeling software
- Ability to read 2D and 3D prints and schematics
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Desire to build a maintenance team from the ground up
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.