Sensors Engineer Internship/Co-op
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
As an intern on the Advanced Hardware Engineering team, you'll be working alongside those that architect, design, and develop our state-of-the-art hardware systems required for enabling autonomous mobility. The hardware systems are composed of engineering disciplines which work cohesively with the rest of the company for a successful product launch.
The Camera engineering team is responsible for end to end design, validation and integration of high quality imaging systems into Zoox fleet. You will be working on the design and validation of imaging hardware- cameras, lenses, image sensors, illuminating systems. You will work with the team members in designing custom lab setups and automation software. We are looking for highly motivated, hands on, quick learning individuals who are passionate about solving problems.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Minimum of a 3.5 GPA
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Good understanding of Camera technologies and performance metrics
- Academic experience in the areas related to Optics, Image Sensors, and Image Signal processing.
- Prior experience in building and qualification of optomechanical or optoelectrical systems is a huge bonus.
- Basic understanding of functional and reliability testing of imaging systems
- Software: C++, MATLAB/Python, Git/Github
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into measurable and repeatable quantitative tests
- Good technical documentation and communication skills with a quantitative and data-driven mindset.
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.