Systems Integration Manager
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox's Hardware Software Integration team is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. The team is responsible for system integration, bring-up of vehicles, system verification and validation test design and development, debugging critical HW/FW integration issues and supporting manufacturing operations.
This leadership role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, driving integration teams within the HWSI org. The team is composed of electrical, mechatronics, computer science, and integration engineers and works cross-functionally with module, vehicle engineering, and manufacturing teams.
- Lead a team of 6-8 engineers to deliver on performing system integration for multiple modules-subsystems on both L3 and L5 platforms
- Define and establish system integration best practices
- Help drive FMEAs processes and support vehicle bring up activities
- Drive system verification and validation test plans and development
- Drive initiatives both within the team and cross-functionally
- Lead and drive debugging of the HW/SW issues to closure. Identify and work with key cross-functional partners to root cause and provide resolutions
- Provide feedback to engineering teams to improve future product versions
- Develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability
- Talent management including coaching and growing team members
- Assist with long term roadmap planning/ providing exec updates for quarterly planning, weekly updates
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or Systems Integration Engineering
- 2+ years of people management experience developing high-performing teams
- Strong EE fundamentals with familiarity in microcontroller based systems, high speed signals, sensing and power electronics. Experience with schematic design, PCB, harness reviews
- Fluency in Python or similar scripting language, familiarity with git/version management tools, SW debugging tools
- Strong HW/FW debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as ethernet, CAN, USB, UART, LIN, and related testing/debugging tools
- Experience enabling a new product manufacturing ramp from low to high volume
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools such as Polarion/JIRA
- Prior system engineering and integration experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.