GPU Performance Architect
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Systems Engineering and Integration group at Zoox is looking for a senior GPU performance architect for our L5 autonomous driving platforms. At Zoox, we are committed to our mission of autonomous driving with real-time, low-latency workload optimization to deliver ride-services with increasingly complex driving situations (and therefore more challenging workload situations, particularly with a GPU as an integral portion of the architecture).
In this position, you will be part of a systems team with expertise in performance modeling, analysis and validation of system level features for autonomous driving that must meet real-time latency and utilization constraints.
- Apply your C++ and GPU performance skills to develop and maintain functional and performance models
- Architect, design, develop and document tools to analyze and simulate key workloads of interest to validate and study new features
- Work with developers to understand new workloads and features in order to analyze their performance
- Become an authority on critical aspects of the GPU and systems analysis
- Build and improve tools for coverage analysis and e2e latency and utilization reporting
- Develop real-time / low-overhead monitoring systems on the vehicle
- Thrive in a matrix environment with many experienced software developers and architects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Architecture, Computer Science or related field (EE, ECE, etc) or equivalent experience
- Strong programming ability in C, C++. Scripting in Perl and/or Python
- Knowledge of compute and performance frameworks and API's (CUDA, TensorRT, Deep Learning)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NVIDIA GPU architectures
- Successful product development experience in performance modeling and analysis
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.