Foster City, CA • Internship/Co-op Technical Writer Internship/ Co-op
Technical Writer Internship/ Co-op
The technical writing intern on the Zoox BaseOps team will author and edit all types of BaseOps technical publications. This role will create and update the technical documentation associated with service procedures, maintenance procedures, electrical diagrams, wiring harnesses information, and parts guides to support the BaseOps Service team.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in English (w/ technical writing focus) or Technical Writing
- Analytical ability to create and effectively communicate complex diagnostic and engineering concepts
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Exhibit high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload to achieve project deliverable deadlines
- Ability to approach the role with a can-do, team-player attitude
- Experience in the automotive industry with diagnostic test procedures and diagnostic tools
- Experience with CATIA, JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Oxygen XML, Adobe Creative Suite, XML, CMS
- Experience with writing to a style guide
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.