People Operations Coordinator
People ExperienceApply for this position
Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution that's optimized for the passenger experience. We have a proactive strategy that comprises prototyping, pilot, and launch phases.
Who You Are
You are the professional and energetic team player, ensuring that People Operations functions smoothly and efficiently. You are aware of all the moving components on the team and help us stay organized, make sure we meet our deadlines and produce deliverables. You love engaging with people, are resourceful, attentive, and patient. You can effectively multitask and connect the dots between different projects. You are curious about the People function and are a quick learner. You can recognize gaps and proactively jump in to help. As a key component in the People Experience team, you bring the diligence, positivity, and can-do attitude that gets things done.
What You'll Do
As the People Operations Coordinator, you will support a vast array of People Operations initiatives at a scaling company. You will make sure we continue to be compliant and precise in the handling of our employees’ data. You will help build a great employee experience throughout all phases of the employee’s lifecycle.
- Act as first line of support and triage for employee questions - self service guidance, basic benefits/comp questions, Workday, Lever, Vndly questions, employee life cycle, policy questions, and reporting/data requests
- Lead audit efforts and records retention
- Support Leave of Absence and Workers’ Compensation questions
- Lead a section of new hire orientation and coordinate I-9 verifications
- Create and maintain HR Process Documentation
- Identify and drive potential process enhancements
- Oversee employment verifications
- Develop and maintain effective on-going relationships within all levels of the organization including executives, business partners, and peers
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Workday Data Management:
- Organization updates
- Job changes (location, titles, compensation, etc.)
- One time payments
- Upload employee photos, documents
- Support key recurring processes including:
- Performance/compensation cycles
- Open enrollment
- Employee Conversions
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in Human Resources or related field required
- At least 3-4 years of experience in Human Resources/People Operations as a Generalist, Specialist, Lead, or similar position
- Workday experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite
- Experience being privy to highly confidential and sensitive information; confidentiality and trust are a must
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with cross-functional partners
- Ability to commute to primary work location in Foster City, CA
- Experience anticipating client needs and making recommendations for implementation
- Experience working in a fast-paced and quickly growing startup environment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.