Data Scientist - Collision Avoidance System
SoftwareApply for this position
The Collision Avoidance System (CAS) is responsible for detecting and reacting to imminent collision situations in support of our vehicle’s overall safety goals. CAS Perception is responsible for processing raw sensor data from our vehicle’s world-class sensor suite using a combination of geometric, interpretable algorithms and deep learning to detect near-collisions with obstacles along our intended driving path, in the most challenging dense urban environments and under tight compute resource constraints. Overall CAS is parallel and complementary to our Main AI autonomy stack, and has a close relationship with our vehicle hardware and safety teams in order to architect redundancy into our overall driving system.
- Defining key performance metrics for our safety critical perception and prediction system, in order to guide product development to a commercial launch
- Apply distributed compute algorithms to efficiently analyze petabytes of urban driving data
- Work closely with ML engineers to develop metrics and tools for analyzing errors and understanding improvements in our systems
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in computer science or related field
- Proficient with C++ and/or PythonProficient with Scala / R / SQL
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience designing metrics and building mechanisms to fuel business insights
- Experience with production Machine Learning pipelines: dataset creation, training frameworks, metrics pipelines
- Experience with existing ADAS technologies, including adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane-following, automated lane changing
- Experience with manual or automatic labeling pipelines
- Background in computer vision, perception, or signal processing
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.