New Product Introduction Engineer - Returnship
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Path Forward Return-to-Work program at Zoox is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce. The program is open to individuals who have at least five years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving of any kind. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Zoox is excited to welcome returners because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a non-profit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce.
The Mechanical team is responsible for the design and development of sensor and computer hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and excited to work as an exceptional New Product Introduction Engineer. In this role, you will be asked to build and maintain BOMs, as well as update and improve designs for mechanical components and assemblies for our custom sensor and computer systems.
- Manage existing Bill of Materials and overall design configurations using CAD and PLM tools
- Work closely with PLM team to release all design changes on multiple systems
- Work closely with manufacturing team to ensure a smooth rollout of New Product
- Review existing product design and propose improvements to hardware and processes
- Work as part of a cross-functional team, and in accordance with the development process to implement, test, and monitor effective improvements
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Catia v5/v6 and Enovia tools or similar
- Experience with mechanical design for electronics packaging in automotive, consumer, or aerospace industries
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Can work independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help from others
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Experience creating 2D mechanical drawings with appropriate GD&T
- Experience with Quality Engineering principles and inspection processes
The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $210,000. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Additional benefits may be offered.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.