Technical Trainer - Returnship
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Zoox is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving of any kind. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Zoox, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce.
The Technical Trainer will be actively engaged in the design, development, and execution of technical and non-technical training for the Base Operations team. This will include but is not limited to new hire orientation, high voltage interaction and safety, CAN diagnosis, component level repairs, and general autonomous and electric vehicle knowledge. You will help in communicating policies, procedures, and practices to the team to ensure everyone is aware of the expectations and the real-time changes. Additionally, you will work with cross-functional teams to align on training management systems and ensure our content is standardized with other teams across the company.
- Research, analyze and identify specific training needs to support team objectives
- Select appropriate delivery methodology, develop lesson plans, instructional materials, andstudent handouts
- Develop and administer an ongoing training program that includes all aspects of employee growth from onboarding and orientation through continued growth in both technical and managerial tracks
- Work closely with internal & external teams to define requirements for all training types
- Introduce new and current employees to technical systems and upgrades used in the performance of their duties
- Schedule & conduct both classroom and on-the-job instruction
- Develop evaluations that assess the effectiveness of training
What You Bring to the Role
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven interpersonal, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to prepare, reproduce, and deliver training materials
- Experience with managing a team of individuals
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- At least 3 years of experience in assessing training needs, developing instructional materials, and providing training to team members
- Must have at least 5 years of industry experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.