Senior User Researcher, Realtime Operations
ExperienceApply for this position
As the Senior User Researcher for Realtime Operations, you will help guide design, product, and engineering teams towards the development of a suite of tools designed to support our fleet of autonomous vehicles in action. You will play a pivotal role in addressing known problems and assisting our cross-functional partners in solving the right problems, not just their symptoms. We are looking for a person like you who is hungry for knowledge, prepared to ask the hard questions and challenge existing assumptions, and wants to help the team see the forest from the trees.
The Ops Experience Research team centers itself on creating an inclusive and psychologically safe environment that drives success for individuals and the team. We strive to be good collaborators who help cross-functional teams solve problems for users, customers, and Zoox. A requirement for our success is our ability to welcome all relevant parties into our process. We trust one another and our partners, while also understanding that different points of view enhance insights. A researcher for this role will be capable of future thinking planning for the unknown. While this role will work closely with the Product Team, having a good product sense will supercharge success. Importantly, you will want to be comfortable with ambiguity and ready to provide evidence why the recommended path forward is the best one.
Check out this video of what we help make possible.
- Lead kick-off meetings with cross-functional teams using collaboration methods to uncover the root problem and gain alignment with stakeholders.
- Select the appropriate research methods to understand the customer and company representatives to address primary and secondary needs; likely through use of diary studies, service safaris, role playing, and experience diagramming.
- Conduct research that allows the team to gain clarity into how internal users work and identify unmet needs and pain points to guide the development of tools and organizational changes that will improve fleet efficiency and progress towards Zoox’s milestones and goals.
- Deliver insights with appropriate narrative framing to guide immediate changes, the team’s vision, and roadmap decisions.
- Present findings and recommendations to improve the experiences of users; be a staunch advocate for users in cross-functional meetings, and raise questions or challenge assumptions that are not in the best interest of our users.
- Manage expectations and interests of a diverse set of stakeholders while maintaining a human-centered posture.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with enterprise or internal users
- Experience working with technical users and products
- Experience researching and/or designing for a wide range of users and abilities
- Experience working with customer service or call centers
- Experience working on product suites or tools that work together
- Experience working with tools used in field operations
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.