Software Engineer, Rider Support Tools - Returnship
SoftwareApply for this position
The Path Forward Return-to-Work program at Zoox is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce. The program is open to individuals who have at least five years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving of any kind. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Zoox is excited to welcome returners because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a non-profit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce.
Zoox is looking for a software engineer to help build our full-stack web-based platform for rider support operations. These internal tools are critical to the roll out of our robotaxi service. They will ensure that riders have a safe and enjoyable ride experience, provide quick and efficient support when necessary, and collect feedback and metrics to improve our autonomous driving business. You will work closely with autonomous driving software engineers and vehicle engineers to design feature-rich applications and identify new opportunities for internal tools at Zoox.
- Develop intuitive user interfaces with React, HTML & CSS
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers to define and iterate on great solutions to their product needs
- Maintain high service uptime and stability as Zoox scales
- Solve complex technical challenges to deliver consistently great performance in a large and constantly evolving application
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Developer experience with TypeScript and Node.JS
- Well-rounded understanding of one, or more, of the following web technologies: Map technology (mapbox, etc); Communication protocols (REST / Web Sockets / Protobuf); Video / audio streaming; Test automation ; Web development frameworks and tools (Yarn, eslint, Vite, swc, esbuild)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience integrating 3rd party software solutions
- Experience with full stack build and infrastructure tools (Bazel, Docker, Terraform)
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting
- Experience with mobility-as-a-service and/or related products
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.