Workplace Operations and Occupancy Planner
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
As a Workplace Operations and Occupancy Planner on the Places and Build team, you will be responsible for gathering pre- and post-occupancy data, providing data analysis and reports, real estate asset strategy and management, providing leadership of IWMS system operations including moves/adds/changes for the Zoox workplace and R&D real estate portfolio. This role is pivotal to our real estate portfolio strategy, planning and execution.
The role will be based in Foster City, CA on the Places and Build team, with the requirement to visit sites as necessary to collect information and facilitate work. This position requires leadership in real estate occupancy planning and management, with strength in cross-functional collaboration, data analysis, communications and program management.
Facilities include those in Foster City, Fremont, San Francisco, and additional properties within the Zoox real estate portfolio.
- Meeting with users and leadership to review current and future spatial needs
- Obtain and maintain both pre- and post-occupancy data, including detailed analysis to support continual updates and forecasting for our real estate portfolio
- Conduct portfolio strategy sessions with stakeholders and leadership to understand space needs and accommodation in master planning activities
- Synthesize information into detailed reports for cross-functional leadership and executive review
- Lead data collection, analysis and reporting on headcount and space utilization and projections, collaborating with finance and HR business partners
- Management and administration of IWMS system, including integration with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate in updates to the real estate master planning documentation
- Lead updates and management of workplace and spatial standards
- Develop test fit and space plan studies for internal review, including moves/adds/changes
- Administration of move/add/change execution with the Facilities Operations team
- Facilitate information with external partners (e.g. architects, engineers, IWMS software partners, other third parties)
- Provide detailed and efficient reporting of information and updates to internal Places and Build leadership on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Own workplace asset management for Places and Build team managed assets – e.g. workstation, workbenches, equipment, furniture, accessories, etc – across the Zoox real estate portfolio
- Collaborate in continual improvements to workplace experience with the Places and Build team
- Assist in the development of internal digital and print communications
- 5-8+ years experience in workplace operations, occupancy planning, facilities management, corporate real estate or related role
- Deep proficiency in Excel, including drafting and executing detailed reports
- Demonstrated experience managing and administrating IWMS/CAFM systems
- Proficiency in ACAD (Revit highly desired) in the development of test fit and space planning studies
- Strong proficiency in development of high quality presentations via Google Slides/InDesign
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and communications
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate well with cross-functional stakeholders and leadership
- Strong organizational, project management and quality management skills
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to contribute individually to broader team goals and company mission
- Experience working in automotive or similar industry
- Experience in workplace and R&D facility operations
- Proficiency in BlueBeam
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.