Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with a premium ride experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering while mastering vehicle NVH and tightness development. In this role, you will provide direction to key design, vehicle control, and attribute teams to ensure the right level of quietness and vehicle tightness for our customers. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Lead the integration and development of airtightness and water management of Zoox vehicles from concept to production
- Analyze design concepts to ensure the execution of vehicle level airtightness and water management
- Assess airtightness and water management performance from virtual prototype through production utilizing simulation and test methods
- Develop test methods to validate air- and water-tight sealing of Zoox vehicles
- Construct tightness and water management test plans to assess the impact of proposed designs, investigate the problem root cause, and develop countermeasures for systems that are not at optimal
- Support vehicle launch and plant quality control with testing and root cause analysis of tightness, wind noise, and buzz, squeak, and rattle (BSR) issues.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in vehicle tightness, durability testing, or prototype developmentIn-depth knowledge of automotive systems and failure modes, especially body and closure sealing systems
- Experience in body sealing systems, including acoustic package development
- Hands-on experience with vehicles, instrumentation, and data acquisition
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- NVH development experience would be a bonus, especially wind noise development
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.