Foster City, CA • Full-time System Integration Engineer
System Integration Engineer
Zoox is looking for a system integration engineer to lead the integration of complex electrical systems into autonomous driving robots. In this role, you will be responsible for synthesizing vehicle product requirements into functional system requirements. You will be part of a team that develops, validates, and continuously improves the robot’s electrical architecture to production maturity. You will achieve this by engaging cross-functional teams while holding yourself, teammates, and the larger organization accountable for meeting requirements. You will be the expert on a handful of systems on the vehicle, enabling you to deep dive into functional integration topics that bring hardware to life.
The Systems Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Collaborate across mechanical, electrical, firmware development, and firmware validation teams to understand new component level hardware/software changes and lead the integration into future builds/milestones
- Create system (and in some cases, sub-system) requirements based on vehicle level requirements, and drive the implementation (including timing) of these requirements
- Align deliverables across Zoox, including supplier firmware delivery, Zoox firmware delivery, to deliver the functionality at the appointed milestone(s)
- Create novel networking interfaces for next generation connected vehicle applications
- Engage the design and development engineers across the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed to fulfill system requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions
- Create System FMEAs, develop diagnostics, and fault reactions to ensure safe vehicle operation
- Collaborate with validation teams to ensure test coverage is implemented for system requirements
- Lead triage of issues, including log reviews, code reviews, and HW investigation
- Support initial system bring-up and integration tests at the vehicle level to validate design assumptions
- BS or higher in electrical/electronics/systems/mechanical engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in systems design, systems architecture, systems integration, or related field
- Experience in electrical systems requirements creation, and proficiency of requirements management software
- Experience debugging complex electrical, electronic, and software-controlled systems
- Experience diagnosing CAN, LIN, or Ethernet network issues
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in simple, definitive and accurate terms
- Experience with Vector tools
- Experience with Functional Safety for Road Vehicles (ISO 26262)
- Experience in failure analysis, fault trees or hazard and risk analysis
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.