FPGA Verification Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox is looking for an RTL verification engineer to join its Advanced Hardware Engineering team. In this role, you will be working closely with the design team to validate custom FPGA-based systems. You will be at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our critical systems.
This position will require experience in custom RTL validation. The candidate will be expected to work closely with RTL design, DSP, and embedded software engineers. This position will involve a deep understanding of the overall system and individual building blocks. The candidate will be responsible for the verification of custom IP, Xilinx IP, and bus protocols (AMBA-AXI).
- Work with Zoox FPGA designers to understand the testing needs for various FPGA platforms and create a verification environment from the ground-up
- Explore various options for the verification environment, from traditional approaches such as UVM to more modern approaches using Python (CocoTB, for example)
- Implement the verification environment and develop test methodology
- Create and execute verification plans to provide adequate coverage for FPGA IPs
- BS or Ms in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in RTL verification
- Experience verifying AXI-interconnect-based designs (AXI-MM and AXI-Streaming)
- Experience verifying designs with video datapaths
- Experience defining and creating new verification environments
- Experience with System Verilog
- Experience with scripting in TCL
- Experience with understanding and writing C/C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with Vivado and the Xilinx SDK
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.