As a Zoox manufacturing technician, you will be part of a team responsible for the assembly and testing of our L3 retrofit vehicles. You will support both the build, diagnostics, and testing of our road-going vehicles and subassemblies. Being comfortable with mechanical and electrical systems is a requirement. There will be regular use of hand, power and diagnostics tools along with custom equipment used to improve safety, quality, and reduce time. The role also supports bring-up activities of the vehicles which require the use of your debug and diagnostic skills of electrical circuits. Your feedback from the build and bring-up activities will go directly to our engineers to help create and refine key systems and move Zoox towards mass production.
- Work closely with engineers and other technicians on building, diagnosing and testing the vehicles
- Complete daily tasks to ensure on-time completion of project Provide feedback to necessary team members to assist in future development
- Regularly organize and maintain build areaWork within all Environmental Health and Safety guidelines
- Identify areas of improvement of quality, efficiency, and safety
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a technician in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Experience with diagnostic tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Read electrical schematics
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Automotive/OEM experience is a plus (specifically in EOL/diagnostics/repair) Associate Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology
- IPC-620 Certification or wire harness manufacturing experience
- ASE certifications
- EPA 609 certification
- Basic Solidworks/ CATIA experience
- Automotive high voltage experience/ training
- Fabrication experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.