Staff Electrical Engineering Architect
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
As a Senior Electrical Architect on the Vehicle Development team at Zoox, you will be responsible for the design and documentation of the vehicle's electrical distribution and coordination of the cross functional teams covering: high and low voltage architecture, automotive harnesses, in-house and tier-1 supplier ECUs, infotainment and telematics systems, and a full array of autonomous sensors.
- Lead technical design of full vehicle electrical architecture, including both power and network design
- Support the requirements development and delivery of power state transitions from the module level to vehicle level
- Review and approve vehicle wiring diagramsIdentify and lead investigations into new technologies to drive better electrical system performance and optimized electrical architecture
- Provide architecture inputs early in the design cycle for the robot
- Review and approve requisite documentation (Reports, BOMs, Drawings, test reports, etc…)
- Work cross-functionally amongst systems engineering teams to define and implement wire sizing, fusing, shielding, and grounding requirements
- Passion for electric, autonomous mobility
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience (EE, Mechatronics, Computer Science Engineering)
- Experience: 10+ years with automotive EE system level communication(CAN, LIN) and power distribution architectures and 2+ years of people management
- Hardware and software integration experience: project planning, bring-up, deploy and sustaining
- Track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each audience
- Update job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Automotive or aerospace experience
- Experience using Capital Logic, Zuken E3, or VeSys to create vehicle electrical diagrams
- Experience with high speed automotive electronics communication protocols (GMSL, automotive ethernet, A2B)
- Experience managing SW/FW individual contributors or teams
- USCAR Automotive Standards
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.