Director, People Development
People ExperienceApply for this position
We are looking for a seasoned People Experience/HR leader to join our People Experience (PEx) Department, reporting directly to the Chief People Officer. This broad and critical role will provide leadership across People Partners (HRBPs), HR Generalists, Learning & Development, Employee Engagement, Onboarding and Inclusion & Diversity teams.
This person will bring together these teams to develop the programs, processes, and tools to inspire and enable our employees to do their best work and to deliver Zoox’s mission - to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable — for everyone. You will be a ‘builder’, someone who welcomes the opportunity to help define new approaches, systems, processes and strategies that will help Zoox grow as a company. You will help to lead the People Experience Department and be a role model team player to the benefit of your teams, the PEx department and Zoox.
- Develop and/or lead the implementation of plans for the functional areas under your area of responsibility i.e. People Partners, HR Generalists, Learning & Development, Inclusion and Diversity, Onboarding and Employee Engagement.
- Manage the current teams (~12, including managers) which will grow to ~20 by end of the year.
- Be a thought partner. Learn and share best practices, trends and innovations in the Talent management, Learning and Development and Inclusion & Diversity space.
- Support and enhance the career development of each person on the team.
- Use a customer-centric approach to design talent processes and solutions that are simple, easy and effective; optimized for scale as Zoox grows.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of business priorities, challenges and needs while staying focused on strengthening our ability to attract, grow and retain top talent.
- Lead organizational effectiveness strategies for the business including strategic planning, visioning, organization planning, talent assessment, change management and team building.
- Manage and facilitate the overall Performance Summary Cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year.
- Partner with leaders and the People Partner team to transform our performance management programs based on business needs and data-driven insights. This includes but is not limited to regular performance check-in processes, growth and development conversations, and ongoing feedback approach.
- Ensure the delivery of Zoox’s Inclusion & Diversity strategy and programs to support Zoox’s values and culture. Ensure that an inclusion and diversity lens is applied to all our Talent processes and programs.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Learning and Development function - developing and implementing solutions that help to grow our talented and agile workforce.
- Ensure the onboarding experience for new employees welcomes them to our company, introduces them to our culture, and allows them to be productive and have an impact.
- Ensure change leadership/change management is a defined component of programmatic changes at Zoox, both inside PEx and across Zoox.
- 10+ years of strategic Human Resources, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Inclusion & Diversity, Organizational Development, Learning or related experience, gained at innovative and scaling companies with creative talent management practices.
- Successful track record in building, implementing, and sustaining key talent management initiatives and showing direct, positive linkages to the achievement of business strategy.
- Experience in building and delivering a broad talent management agenda with specific subject matter expertise in talent management serving a blended workforce with in-person and online delivery of content.
- Exhibits high levels of resourcefulness, influence, organizational savviness, execution skills (strategy through implementation) and executive presence. Must be effective at sharing ideas and information with peers and business leaders.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to lead HR Business Partners and partner with Executive Business Leaders
- Considerable experience leading large-scale, complex change and transformation.
- A self-directed leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new tools and processes and ability to handle numerous projects concurrently.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.