Hardware Systems Integration Engineer
SoftwareApply for this position
The Hardware Test Engineering team is responsible for developing test platforms for validating end-to-end functionality and characterizing the performance of sub-systems, including hardware, firmware, and software. To continue to help Zoox scale our infrastructure, we are looking for a candidate passionate about learning the complexities of our Autonomous Vehicle architecture and its various subsystems and components, and willing to take on challenges to convert product specifications into workable test infrastructure solutions.
As a Hardware Systems Integration Engineer on the team, you will participate in test infrastructure development, provide technical guidance for test platform build execution, lead system-level troubleshooting, and perform hands-on device measurements.
- Work cross-functionally with mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development, hardware-in-the-loop, and firmware validation teams to define and review test infrastructure design
- Develop and bring up vehicle-representative subsystem test setups to enable ongoing hardware/software development
- Manage large scale test infrastructure for in-house systems unique to Zoox
- Troubleshoot test failures and work with cross-functional teams to root cause and implement solutions
- Develop early prototypes and proofs-of-concept to de-risk new technologies
- Continuously identify avenues to improve functionality in accordance with Zoox product requirements
- Create and Manage BOM for test assets
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering
- Hands-on technical experience debugging software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Experience developing test fixtures and systems
- Experience with lab equipment, oscilloscope, and data acquisition equipment
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Team player with a strong ability to communicate complex technical issues
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Bug and issue management experience using Jira or similar tools
- Experience working with automotive communication protocols, such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, etc
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $142,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.