Facilities Technician (Contract)
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
Zoox is looking to hire skilled Facilities Technician to join our growing team. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Technician is responsible for handling and performing a variety of technical & non-technical maintenance tasks in order to support the safe, reliable and compliant operation of their assigned site(s). This role will support the overall goal of maintaining a neat, clean, and comfortable work environment within which our fellow employees may carry out their responsibilities with minimal distractions.
You will be expected to work independently and interact professionally with members of multiple Zoox departments and various outside contractors. A successful candidate will be a service-oriented individual with a passion for creating and maintaining beautiful work environments.
- Maintain interior and exterior building equipment, painting, electrical, lights, doors, walls, plumbing, etc.
- Perform monthly site inspections and prioritize maintenance as appropriate
- Assist and implement new programs
- Assist facility manager with monitoring contractor performance and work closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications and standards
- Keep work orders prioritized and up-to-date
- Coordinate and assist with departmental and employee moves
- Assist with maintaining building security; respond to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis
- Provide facility support for events and meetings, including physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes and materials as needed. Conference room set-ups, desk relocations, and changes to our set-up around the office
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager
- Participate in ERT program
- 2+ years technical facility maintenance or construction experience
- Formal training in facility maintenance and ability to handle the variety of responsibilities assigned
- Adaptable self-starter, with excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and demands
- Communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to lift up to 50lb, furniture, and other heavy objects
- Valid license and clean driving record
- Ability to apply common sense to operate day-to-day tasks autonomously
- Flexibility to work overtime or on-call shifts when needed
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.