Digital Signal Processing Internship/Co-op
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
As an intern on the Advanced Hardware Engineering DSP team, you'll be working alongside those who architect, design, and develop our state-of-the-art hardware and Signal Processing Systems required for enabling autonomous mobility. At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
As an intern in the DSP team, you will be working on the design and implementation of signal processing and ML algorithms related to radars, depth cameras, audio subsystems, and Lidars. We are looking for curious and highly mathematical minds to work with us.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D., or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Good academic standing
- Can commit to at least a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship, co-op, or project completed in a relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California for the duration of the internship
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Proficiency in C, C++, Python, and/or Matlab
- Course work in digital signal processing, circuits & systems, optimum filtering, probability and statistics, random signals, and noise
- Hands-on experience related to digital signal processors and/or algorithm design in one or more areas related to radar, lidar, depth cameras, audio, or other signal processing-related fields
- Applied machine learning experience related to computer vision, audio, or other related area is a plus
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.