Foster City, CA • Full-time Dimensional Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic, analytical team player with a desire to change the world in the dynamic autonomous transportation industry. Dimensional Engineering uses their knowledge and technical skill to optimize execution of complete vehicle design for manufacture and assembly across the engineering disciplines. Dimensional Engineering shall secure the delivery of the correct concept maturity at the applicable milestones, ensuring product targets are best practice, balanced, and executed.
- Provide applicable specifications and targets to all stakeholders
- Troubleshoot build issues on the manufacturing floor i.e. parts not fitting to each other or appearance defects caused by poor fits
- Perform statistical analysis using applicable simulation software
- Organize and analyze dimensional measurement data, working with metrology departments both internal to Zoox and at various suppliers to root-cause or anticipate build issues
- Reporting status into the organization and leading applicable working forums and virtual reviews
- Improve part location strategies and checking fixture concepts
- Validate system and component GD&T is compatible with the complete vehicle strategy
- Master of Science degree within mechanical engineering or similar
- Knowledge of ASMEY14.5 GD&T standard along with familiarity with engineering drawings
- Familiarity with ISO GD&T Standards is a plus
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and process control (Six Sigma)
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes including injection molding, metal stamping and machining
- Knowledge of measurement systems and manufacturing processes
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel
- Strong knowledge of CATIA V5, CATIA V6 and visualization software is preferred
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.