Foster City, CA • Full-time Clustered Storage Engineer
Clustered Storage Engineer
This individual will work with a team of developers and other engineers to design, implement, maintain, and grow Zoox's petabyte-scale high performance storage systems, as well as build strategies and then plan and implement solutions to around storage and data to enable our robot and AI research efforts. This is a good fit if you enjoy efforts to cooperatively optimize and strike performance vs cost balances for very heavy distributed workloads. Outreach and consulting with your software engineering colleagues will be crucial to aid effective development and adoption.
- Build scale-out storage and data systems
- Oversee and architect our data and storage infrastructure
- Design, implement, and support our internal and cloud systems
- Work directly with application developers to help them choose scalable and supportable platforms
- Experience with scaled clustered storage systems like Ceph, Lustre, GFS.
- Is passionate about the finer points of Scale-Out vs. Scale-Up
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Experience with object storage such as S3 and compatibles
- Experience with network filesystems (NFS, samba, afs).
- Linux Kernel, network, and storage tuning.
- Ability to script/program in any of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash, C, etc.
- NFSv4, ACLs, storage security.
- Familiar with big data: ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, or HDFS
- Infrastructure Automation (puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack)
- Experience with web services (Nginx, Varnish, Apache, HA Proxy)
- Knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.