Design Quality Engineer
Corporate QualityApply for this position
Zoox is building a quality team that will take our first-in-class autonomous robot from development to commercialization. Design Quality Engineers will report to the Product Quality Manager and will support the Zoox Quality and Reliability organization through the development of quality related specifications and requirements to ensure that Zoox’s product and service deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Design Quality Engineers engage with almost all areas of Zoox, from vehicle design teams, the design studio, the suppler quality team, the manufacturing team; all the way to the experience team supporting the deployment of our autonomous mobility service. The Design Quality Engineer will work to integrate a unified, customer-focused quality strategy into our product and service.
- Defining and documenting design-related quality requirements for: customer-facing appearance, special characteristics and FMVSS compliance, and part design release documentation
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of part, sub-system and system DFMEAs
- Managing quality issue tracking and driving root cause analysis and corrective actions for issues identified as design-caused in manufacturing, and in the active L5 fleet
- Collaborating with other members of the quality team to develop key quality specifications, procedures and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (ISO 9000, IATF 16949, or similar)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality engineering at the end-product level
- Understanding and experience applying automotive AIAG requirements such as FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP/PPAP
- Quality Experience through the automotive product life cycle – design to field
- Engineering or technical bachelor’s degree in applicable field (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Science)
- Startup environment with experience developing and implementing quality processes and business systems
- Automotive appearance quality experience (e.g., graining, color matching)
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 design experience
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 manufacturing engineering experience
- CATIA V5/V6 experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.