Manager, Procurement & Strategic Partnerships
Procurement & Strategic PartnershipsApply for this position
The Manager, Procurement & Strategic Partnerships will manage a small team to develop, execute, and manage sourcing strategies designed to minimize cost and optimize commercial and legal terms within one of the primary vehicle systems, including managing supplier relationships. This role will specifically manage the vehicle Compute & Controls procurement team in close coordination with the Advanced Hardware Engineering team.
- Lead procurement strategy for compute and controls hardware and associated software.
- Build and develop a supporting team that will scale to support the goals of the business
- Negotiate all business terms with an international supply base, including material cost, long-term contracts, and strategic agreements
- Proactively engage with Engineering and Finance stakeholders to consolidate a 3-5 years technology and product costing roadmap to support Zoox’s vehicle development program and launch timeline.
- Map the supply chain, lead the process of data collection (Milestone adherence, Change orders, etc.), and build supplier performance assessments to support sourcing decisions
- Design, conduct and synthesize supplier, industry, and market research for commodities to develop a sourcing strategy.
- Drive cost transparency and build total cost of ownership models to support sourcing decisions
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain or other negotiation-intensive roles (experience in a manufacturing environment or automotive is a plus)
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Technical abilities in organizing and analyzing data, including strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Master’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering, or equivalent
- Compute & control systems experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $158,000 to $229,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.