Foster City, CA • Full-time Manager, Field Safety Operations
Manager, Field Safety Operations
Safety, Policy, and Regulatory Affairs
The Senior Manager of Field Safety Operations will lead our field safety initiatives across Zoox teams, while helping Zoox build an exceptional safety management system, field operations program, and incident response framework. You will be responsible for implementing consistent safety policies and testing criteria that can be followed across vehicle operations. A successful candidate will be able to build and execute effective incident response procedures, provide probable cause, lessons learned, and actionable outcomes that enhance safety at Zoox. The role will also manage a small team of Field Safety Operations Program Managers and you will be responsible for hiring, training, and providing day to day oversight to the team.
- Lead field safety operations and the safety elements of testing protocols
- Build and implement a successful safety management system (SMS)
- Champion our safety management system (SMS) and safety culture at Zoox
- Design and implement safety policies and safety testing across vehicle operations (L3 and VH6 fleet) and vehicle safety training
- Define criteria and gates for readiness of test deployments
- Assist with formal reviews of the Safety Management System with executive leadership and present data findings
- Ensure that relevant operational safety metrics are tracked, reported, and used by internal stakeholders to manage safety risks
- Assist with the continuous improvement and maintenance of our incident response program
- 8+ years of experience leading safety critical operations, preferably in a fast-paced industry
- 5+ years of management experience
- Extensive safety knowledge and experience building operational safety programs
- Strong influence skills with all levels of management
- Strong program management skills
- Someone who continuously researches safety trends and is a member of professional safety associations, while also maintains a safety professionals network
- BA/BS, preferably in a safety related field
- Familiarity with the AV industry
- Advanced degree in a safety related field
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.