Technical Program Manager, Homologation
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
The Homologation team at Zoox Is responsible for identifying the applicable safety and emissions requirements, working with the engineering teams (HW and SW) to deliver designs and performance that meet the requirements, documenting our compliance, preparing submissions to government agencies, representing Zoox in meetings with government officials, and supporting the development of applicable processes to maintain our certification.
As Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will work with the homologation team to identify the long lead items for testing, schedule testing, help coordinate the preparation for the test campaign, work with SW teams to identify required content and release dates to support homologation testing and delivery, attend change control meetings to flag potential impact to homologation, and work to develop the processes to automate ‘flagging’ of homologation impacts. You will also be responsible for tracking the delivery of the test reports, creating dashboards to show progress and status, and preparing presentations for cross-functional meetings. This is a highly cross-functional role, requiring constant communication with FW, SW, HW, vehicle integration, and product teams; a key task is to propagate lessons learned among these teams to improve efficiency and execution of subsequent homologation phases.
- You will support the homologation engineers with planning test campaigns, including working with other teams to assure that the required HW and SW are delivered.
- You will manage the budget for the homologation team, submitting PRs and closing out invoices.
- You will communicate challenges and identify program risks while proactively developing mitigation plans.
- You will develop new or improve existing processes to support homologation and having a homologated vehicle fleet.
- You will work with cross-functional teams to drive open questions and issues to closure.
- You will develop schedules based on company milestones and ensure that projects remain on track.
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, and present them to the executive team.
- You will lead the change management review for homologation.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3+ years of engineering and 3+ years of program management
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. JIRA, Gantt charts)
- Ability to create and maintain dashboards, slide decks, and media for report outs
- Experience with SW release management
- Automotive or aerospace experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Regulatory compliance experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.