Systems Design Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic Senior Systems design engineer to lead and drive systems specification and design of robotaxi systems on an autonomous vehicle. You will be responsible for supporting systems engineering activities, including: system requirements, state diagrams, architecture diagrams, diagnostic development, and test case development.
- Process product level requirements and pull together respective engineering teams to decompose into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Identify failure modes using FMEA methods and design diagnostics to detect
- Support and review software and hardware sub-system design, implementation, and test cases
- Identify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented ahead of feature implementations.
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently, including but not limited to software build configurations and upgrade capabilities.
- 5+ years work experience with automotive, robotics, or aerospace vehicle systems design
- Experience designing complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- Strong understanding of vehicle hardware and software concepts and development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts (e.g. ISO26262)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.