Zoox Road Network - Cartographer
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox's Cartography team is responsible for building, curating, and maintaining our high-definition road network. This includes expanding our geofence, validating the correctness of annotated data, and responding to “world change” events to ensure our maps remain up-to-date.
The Cartography team works closely with engineering teams to maintain process and content requirements. They have regular contact with the Road Network team and downstream AI teams to ensure the generated road network content produces the desired results on-vehicle.
Our ideal candidate has an eye for detail, a drive for correctness, and strong communication skills. Cartographers need to be able to work cross-functionally with engineering and operations teams, bridging the gap between what the vehicle thinks and how it behaves on the road. When an issue is reported, an ideal Cartographer has the patience to troubleshoot and root-cause mapping-related issues.
- Create & Maintain Zoox’s semantic road network data
- Validate road network against the real world (correctness) and defined content requirements (validity)
- Work cross-functionally with operations and development teams
- Troubleshoot and root-cause issues reported to the road network team
- Organize on-vehicle validation tests
- Maintain process, tool, and requirements documentation
- Working closely with engineering to define & test tool workflows and requirements
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and drive for correctness
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in mapping or map content validation
- Understanding of GIS systems and data
- Technical writing skills
- Familiarity working on Linux
- Passion for autonomous vehicles
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.