UX Designer Internship/Co-op
ExperienceApply for this position
The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
We are looking for a UX Designer Intern to join our Experience Ops & Dev workstream. Our mission is to improve internal tools and processes to provide a better solution to our operators, engineers, and service to our future customers. The ideal candidate is a passionate creative thinker, who is eager to learn and solve challenging problems.
- Participate in user research and interaction studies
- Translate user stories, insights and business requirements into effective designs
- Design concepts, wireframes, and interfaces that are accessible, intuitive, and delightful
- Collaborate closely with the design team to evolve internal design guidelines
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal users
- Champion a Human-Centered design process
- Currently working towards an M.A. or advanced degree in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa (unofficial transcripts required)
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- A portfolio showcasing relevant design work for desktop, web or mobile applications
- Relevant knowledge of design fundamentals and UX Processes
- Visual design sense for layout, color, and typography. As well as fluency with design software
- Proven problem-solving ability and strong user empathy
- Passion for designing good products and help define solutions that improve user satisfaction
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.