Foster City, CA • Internship/Co-op UX Designer, Vehicle Operations Internship/Co-op
UX Designer, Vehicle Operations Internship/Co-op
The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We address new challenges around AI and strive to learn and understand all-around unique opportunities that inform product strategy and design.
We are looking for a Design Intern to join our Operator and Developer experience workstream in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Our mission is to improve internal tools and processes to provide a better solution to our operators, engineers, and professionals. The ideal candidate is a passionate creative thinker, who is eager to learn, solve challenging problems and build tools that accelerate our vehicle operations and development. You will be a part of strategic decisions and run the design process on key projects and initiatives, championing a human-centered design and culture.
If you care deeply about the people who use your products and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges, get in touch!
- Participate in user research and interaction studies
- Translate user stories, insights and business requirements into effective designs
- Design concepts, wireframes, and interfaces that are accessible, intuitive, and delightful
- Collaborate closely with the design team to evolve internal design guidelines
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal users
- Champion a Human-Centered design process
- Currently working towards an M.A. or advanced degree in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa (unofficial transcripts required)
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- A portfolio showcasing relevant design work for desktop, web or mobile applications
- Relevant knowledge of design fundamentals and UX Processes
- Being fluent with relevant design software such as Figma Design
- Technical knowledge, Prototyping, and HTML/CSS
- UX Research experience
- Experience working with AI
- Experience in AV/EV industry
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.