Software Engineer - Safety Systems
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox is looking for a safety-critical software engineer to join our Planning and Control team. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing cutting edge motion planning and control systems towards high standard safety ratings. This is a multidisciplinary role that will get you exposed to safety-critical system engineering, perception, prediction, and embedded computing. You will lead the effort redefining what cutting-edge AI software can do in high-mission-assurance environments.
- Design, develop, and test safety-critical planning and control algorithms and software for the Zoox vehicle
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Follow and implement high assurance software development processes, such as ISO-26262, DO-178
- Work cross-functionally with perception engineers, prediction engineers, systems engineers, validation engineers, and other experts to ensure the safety algorithms and software meet the high assurance requirements needed for autonomous driving
- Contribute to failure and hazard analyses and implement safety mitigations in the software
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation.
- MS or higher degree in related field
- Experience developing highly available mission-critical software
- Proficient with C/C++
- Passion for writing production-quality and safety-critical code
- Ability to solve hard problems using first principles, mathematics, and physics
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Experience with writing functional requirements driven code and familiar with formal verification & validation techniques
- Familiarity with Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) and/or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience with existing ADAS technologies, including adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane-following, automated lane changing
- Familiarity with state of the art planning and control collision avoidance algorithms
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.