Fremont, CA • Full-time Logistics Packaging Engineer
Logistics Packaging Engineer
As our Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, and improving the packaging used to transport our components from our supplier base to our distribution center as well as the internal packaging within our facilities.
- Work with the Sr Packaging Engineer in process design and standardization of packaging design for all the components needed at our manufacturing operations
- Assist in vendor selection and management
- Work cross-functionally with our vehicle engineering team, supplier quality organization, and logistics team making sure our packaging fulfills all internal customer needs
- Assist in developing procedures and processes for packaging validation, continuous improvement as well as supplier feedback
- Fully develop and own all aspects of Service Packaging
- Work with the Sr Packaging Engineer and Logistics in implementing the equipment on the floor to support conveyance and hand off the components to manufacturing operations
- Work with suppliers to improve packaging that improve the overall logistics cost performance (Parts quality, transportation, inventory cost)
- Monitor and assist in developing KPIs related to packaging performance
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, logistics, or manufacturing
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Commanding knowledge of lean principles, distribution or fulfillment processes, logistics business systems
- Knowledge of CAD and technical drawings
- Familiarity with automation development, robotics, warehouse automation
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.