Project Manager, Business Applications
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
This Project Manager will assist with the management and coordination of technical IT projects through
planning, organizing, and executing to ensure the delivery of high-quality results. This position will
have heavy cross-functional collaboration technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
This includes communicating and coordinating with employees at all levels of the organization including senior management, consultants and vendor resources.
This position also assists with the establishment of plans, schedules, tasks, as well as identifying risks, determining mitigations and contingencies, and reporting the status of projects. This position will also work as a functional application analyst, including system implementation projects, process
improvement initiatives, data management, report development, requirements gathering and analysis, end-user training and support, and participate in special projects as needed. This role will be involved in solution and process design discussions to promote system effectiveness, system lifecycle, and end-user efficiency to optimize the use of the technology for the business.
Successful Individuals in this role work well in a collaborative environment, pay meticulous attention to details, are well organized, and excel in planning, analysis, process development, training, collaboration and communications.
- Develop project plans, define goals, targets, and milestones, scope, deliverables, schedules and budgets.
- Use project management tools to organize, manage, monitor and measure project progress to ensure quality results and on-time completion. Adjust to achieve project targets as needed to maintain deliverables, milestones and schedules.
- Track project performance and progress to schedule, and maintain project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports. Assign tasks to project personnel best positioned to complete them, while ensuring resources are actively working toward established milestones.
- Conduct risk assessments, and identify and manage project risks.
- Develop Communication Plans, and manage the preparation and delivery of project communications.
- Establish and implement training strategies and programs, and assist with end-user training and support.
- Prepare budgets, track expenditures, analyze cost variances, and work with procurement to initiate purchases.
- Translate business needs into systems and process solutions, including how to leverage systems functionality.
- Coordinate and collaborate cross functionally to facilitate requirements and solution discussions. Gather, analyze and document business requirements.
- Lead or participate in system and process improvement projects across the business applications scope.
- Support workstream in implementation and improvement projects
- Project management experience for technical IT projects
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in IT or technical field with project management
- Bachelor’s degree in fields of business or management, information technology, engineering or operations
- Leadership experience managing projects and cross-functional project teams
- Ability to identify risks, anticipate challenges, and seek to proactively head-off obstacles with mitigations and contingencies
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve operational efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Organization and time management skills to keep projects on track and within budget
- Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills
- Experience mentoring, and coaching people on project management methodologies ((e.g., waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Project management certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management Institute, or equivalent.
- Industry experience a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.