Environmental Health & Safety Engineer [Test Sites]
LegalApply for this position
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the EHS Engineer focusing on test sites is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of EHS standards to help the company meet regulatory requirements and to keep employees, contractors and visitors safe. This includes documenting procedures, developing training materials, delivering training, auditing, incident investigations, and partnership with internal organizations in environments such as office, R&D, manufacturing, auto servicing, machine shops, hardware labs and vehicle test tracks. This role will primarily focus on emergency response and safety at our remote locations and vehicle test tracks. Up to 50% travel both within California and out of state is expected.
- Develop, implement, train and enforce company health, safety and environmental policies as well as local, state and federal regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs
- Lead incident investigations and risk assessment activities
- Assist with regular safety meetings and audits
- Routinely monitor operations to ensure compliance
- Identify and evaluate potential facility hazards to recommend and implement appropriate preventative measures, safeguards and administrative controls
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement programs, processes, and procedures that meet requirements without being overly restrictive where possible
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing and sustaining regulatory compliance programs, preferably with a focus on Hazcom, Electrical Safety, Emergency Response, Control of Hazardous Energies, Powered Industrial Trucks, Ergonomics and Contractor Safety
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
- Able to identify and interpret appropriate regulations and apply them to a diverse work environment
- Professional certification such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), General Safety Practitioner (GSP) or other related certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Public Health or other related program
- Experience in vehicle servicing, manufacturing and / or R&D operations
- Experience or understanding of emergency response programs, procedures and implementation
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.