Security Program Manager, Campus Operations
LegalApply for this position
The Security Program Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and daily operations of physical security protocols and procedures designed to protect the people, assets, and reputation of Zoox. This includes developing and documenting standards, developing training materials, delivering training, auditing and revising security procedures, assisting with investigations, and partnering with cross functional teams across the organization. This role will report to the Security Manager.
- Develop, implement, deliver training, and enforce company security policies and procedures
- Assist the Security Manager with, and appropriately document investigations and risk assessments
- Conduct regular audits and revise procedures for access control, badging, and other physical security programs
- Represent the physical security program in meetings with cross functional teams
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the safety and security of Zoox personnel and assets
- Develop internal protocols and procedures for third party vendors, including security officers, access control, video surveillance, and other hardware and software platforms in accordance with Zoox standards and contractual requirements
- Assist with the design and implementation of security projects in coordination with the Information Technology (IT), and the Places and Build (Facilities) team
- Develop and administer documentation and training for a variety of physical security programs, including, but not limited to workplace violence prevention, incident response, emergency communications, visitor policies, travel security, executive protection, protective intelligence, etc.
- Coordinate and build relationships with appropriate public safety organizations within close geographical proximity to Zoox facilities and operations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Security Manager
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working in corporate security, law enforcement or military operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience and technical aptitude with access control management systems and CCTV systems
- Strong understanding of physical security best practices related to guardforce deployment, access control, incident management, emergency communications, and escalation processes
- Experience performing investigations, including conducting interviews, collecting evidence, partnering with cross functional stakeholders, and writing investigative reports
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering training
- Professional security industry certification such as APP, CPP, CFI, CFE and/or PSP
- Security Operations Center (SOC) and/or OSINT analysis experience
- Experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) roles
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.