Supplier Quality Engineer
Procurement & Strategic PartnershipsApply for this position
The Supplier Quality Engineer will play a key role in ensuring world-class performance of the Zoox prototype and production supply base, and drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven, energetic, detailed, and team-oriented.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assess the capability of potential suppliers
- Assess the manufacturability of new product designs and assist both Zoox engineering and its suppliers with improving manufacturability
- Manage product and process development with suppliers
- Assist suppliers with the development of manufacturing processes
- Review prototype and production part quality document submissions from suppliers, and provide feedback
- Issue corrective action requests to suppliers and provides support with their resolution
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Vehicle Engineering regarding analysis and disposition of suspect supplier material
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the supply base using quality and lean manufacturing tools
- Improve Zoox supplier quality processes such as assessments, supplier management, part approval, and corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Manufacturing, in the automotive, aviation, or medical device industries
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) - Experience creating and improving quality systems
- Experience using problem-solving techniques such as Six-Sigma, 8-Discipline, Pareto Charts, Regression Analysis, ANOVA, DOE, Fish Bone Analysis, Red-X, Is / Is Not
- Experience using quality analysis and control tools such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, Process Control Plans, SPC, MSA, Process Capability
- Experience in manufacturing processes such as machining, stamping, extrusions, wire harnesses, and electromechanical assemblies
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO 9000 and IATF 16949 - Certifications such as ASQ, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Fully literate in Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.