Manufacturing Engineer (Advanced Hardware Manufacturing)
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build prototype sensor and compute hardware in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements. We are looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate Manufacturing Engineer who will build and own the manufacturing line for both New Product Introductions (NPI) as well as support, improvements, modifications, and further development of deployed equipment. You will apply your expertise and knowledge in mechanical engineering, robotics, automotive, and/or computer science to develop new products and technologies.
The Manufacturing Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Support the introduction new AHMO hardware through development of production assembly/test/inspection procedures, fixtures, and equipment.
- Take ownership of new products during pilot production phase through successful product launch. This includes driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, and driving improvements in cost and efficiency.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and control product cost.
- Create an efficient manufacturing assembly flow, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, and detailed MPI work instructions.
- Establish and develop concept process, including, estimated standard time and costs
- Design and create production equipment, fixtures, and tests as needed to build the production line either internally or as needed at suppliers.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians.
- Provide technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns.
- Manage outside vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and streamlining of the supply chain.
- Support, maintain, improve, modify, and further develop the manufacturing line as needed for sustaining production
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience as a manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant electromechanical content.
- BS in ME or EE.
- Strong CAD skillset with a vision for early manufacturing production.
- Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with product assembly and production equipment
- Experience design and implementation of manufacturing fixtures and tools.
- Experience following and implementing design control processes.
- Experience with maintaining design history files.
- Design and/or process verification, validation, and testing.
- Accomplished using Lean principles such as lean six sigma, mistake proofing, 5S, GMP
- Experience performing value stream mapping and time studies to improve material flow to increase productivity.
- Experience justifying and implementing robotics to automate processes.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.