Manufacturing Engineer, Lean Tools & Methodologies
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As our Manufacturing Engineer, Lean Tools & Methodologies you will be responsible for driving change in our organization and supporting Manufacturing operations and other cross-functional departments to implement and develop lean industrial processes based on our internal Zoox Production System Standards for operational excellence. You will coach operational teams in continuous improvement tools and methodologies and you will support our leaders, engineers, and technicians across Logistics, General Assembly, Prototype, Manufacturing Engineering, Corporate Quality, and Service to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will work with the relevant leadership and operational teams to develop and implement tailored methodologies, industry best practices and develop an industrialization roadmap and maturity model.
- Improve key site processes with lean methods for manufacturing operations, quality, engineering, and other support functions
- Implementing the Zoox Production System, KPIs and reporting the progress of the implementation Roadmap
- Facilitating Workshops, such as Value stream mapping, Lean Line Design, 5S Days, and Problem Solving Sessions
- Implement lean tools & methodologies such as (OEE, Poka Yoke, VSD, CIP, Lean Line design, TPM, etc..)
- Coach and train leadership and our operational workforce
- Apply change management methods to ensure effective execution of Zoox Production System and to promote a culture and mindset of operational excellence and continuous improvement across Manufacturing Operations with increasing external focus and embedding it into our daily work
- Work with our cross-functional leaders to ensure operational resources are allocated, defined, and communicated in the organization
- Manage the implementation and standardization of lean manufacturing methodologies throughout our manufacturing teams
- Ensure team leaders and team champions understand their role and responsibility in the holistic implementation of lean manufacturing
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk-mitigating actions are ongoing within the teams
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in lean manufacturing operations and engineering environment
- Experience with high scale industry manufacturing (i.e. automotive, aerospace, etc) and the necessary integration with related functions such as logistics, quality, facility, safety & environmental, service, procurement
- Strong track record in managing cross-functional lean projects
- Track record of process and organizational development activities and implementation of operational excellence programs.
- Experience with project or program management across different platforms
- Six Sigma Green or Black certification
- PMP certification
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing and lean methodologies
- Coaching, Mentoring, Consultant experience
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.