Fleet OperationsApply for this position
As a Test Technician on Zoox’s Base Operation team, you will be responsible for the setup and execution of tests on Zoox development vehicles. This includes planning tests, organizing and installing test equipment, updating the vehicle to desired test configuration, and executing tests according to the requestor’s test procedures.
Testing will be required on various vehicle systems, such as vehicle performance, crash testing, noise and vibration, thermal performance, strength, and durability. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these areas to support these testing activities and work closely with the responsible attribute lead.
- Execute vehicle-level test requests with a focus on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Work with engineering to select the appropriate testing sensors together and perform sensor installation.
- Work with engineering to perform setup and configuration of DAQ systems.
- Support preparing of test parts and updating of test vehicle(s) as dictated by the test requirement.
- Coordinate logistic requirements for vehicles, equipment, and parts as dictated by the test requirement.
- Execute tests including collecting data as required.
- Support the analysis, documentation, and reporting of data as necessary.
- Perform vehicle level inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Maintain workshop space to a high professional level in terms of safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of technician experience
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Experience working with test equipment in one or more areas like NVH, vehicle dynamics, thermal, strength, and durability.
- Extensive knowledge of CAN/LIN, wiring diagrams, wiring repair, and soldering is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally (50%, or more, of the time). Occasional international travel may be required.
- Clean/excellent driving record
- Reliable, self-starter, roll-up-the-sleeves work ethos.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be honest, responsible, and an outstanding communicator
- Experience in an automotive-focused engineering or research lab (i.e. Dyno, Battery, etc.).
- Experience with vehicle alignments and required adjustments.
- Experience with ADAS, and/or autonomous platforms.
- General understanding of electric vehicle architecture.
- Experience and ability to tow a car hauler and other large trailers to transport fleet vehicles.
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.